Essence of India with Ranthambore end Jaipur (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2018
A quintessential Indian journey, this majestic itinerary showcases the rich heritage of India's bustling cities, renowned temples and exotic jungles. Marvel at the beauty of the Taj Mahal with its ethereal hues, search for the elusive Bengal Tiger on former royal hunting grounds and stroll through a traditional spice market in Jaipur. Allow your Travelling Concierge to show you India at its finest. See how you travel like a VIP with Luxury Gold
- Delhi: Enjoy a taste of Jalebi, the favourite sweet and learn about its production from the one of the best candy wallahs in Old Delhi.
- Jaipur: Arrive at the local restaurant, 1135 AD, where your Highlight Dinner awaits.
- Jaipur: Savour a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine at the fantastic Baradari Restaurant in the City Palace.
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (FB), 3 Lunches (L), 2 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW). 22 Dec includes an additional Christmas Eve Highlight Dinner in Agra.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets.
- Agra: Inside Agra's red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed by the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Ranthambore: Venture inside this former royal hunting ground and enjoy three game safaris with a naturalist.
- Jaipur: Watch girls threading garlands to be used for offerings, when you visit the flower market. Marvel at the sights and delights in the smells as you explore the spice market.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (800) 752-7963 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867519
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.: Welcome to India! On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you are greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your modern five-star hotel. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:30 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Delhi||Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.: Your Escorted Journey begins on Day1. Please make sure your flights arrive on or before this day. (Ask about our great deals). Welcome to India! On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you are greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your modern five-star hotel. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:30 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Delhi||Delhi Sightseeing.: Start the day with a cycle rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, including the bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk market. Stop for a photo at the impressive Red Fort, then visit the Mahatma Gandhi memorial at Raj Ghat. Explore India's largest mosque, the magnificent Jama Masjid, built by Shah Jahan in 1650. Wander the wide boulevards of New Delhi and drive along the ceremonial Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate and Parliament House. See Qutub Minar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the Tomb of Emperor Humayun, one of the best-preserved Mughal monuments in Delhi. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Agra||An Agra Adventure.: On arrival to Agra, witness the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you are guided through the city to Agra Fort, a powerful fortress of red sandstone. Walk through the local market, explore the palatial Royal Pavilions and gardens and before enjoying free time to relax. Later, accompany one of the locals, walking through their village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal and learn about their way of life as an agriculturalist. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 5||Ranthambore||The Taj Mahal and Ranthambore.: Admire the lustrous Taj Mahal, bathed by the first rays of dawn. Later journey to the historic city of Bharatpur and stop for lunch, before continuing to the station for the rail journey to Ranthambore. On arrival, transfer to your luxurious hotel, built in the style of a traditional Rajput hunting palace, nestled in the foot hills of the Aravalli Range, near the Ranthambore National Park. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 6||Ranthambore||In Search of Tigers in Ranthambore.: Start with an early morning journey into the former private hunting grounds of the Maharajahs of Jaipur, in search of the elusive tiger. More commonly seen in the dry, deciduous forest are the wild boars, monkeys, spotted deer and antelopes, but if you are ever going to witness tigers in their natural habitat, this is the place. Return to your resort for breakfast and a day at leisure. At dusk, enjoy another foray into the national park with an expert naturalist. Besides the wildlife, there are also lake palaces, traditional Chhatri, old fortifications and a majestic 1,000-year-old fort within the park. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 7||Jaipur||Jaipur, the Pink City.: In the morning, embark on another exciting adventure to explore the territory of the majestic tiger - every wildlife enthusiast and photographer's dream. After lunch, travel through the rural countryside where flat, green fields are abundant with brightly coloured flowers. Your destination is the stunning Rajasthan capital of Jaipur. Visit the famous flower market where girls delicately thread garlands to be used for offerings, then explore the spice market, a place of olfactory wonderment. See the rainbow of colours as you pass giant bags of cardamom, red chillies, cinnamon and so many more. Continue to 1135 AD restaurant for a delicious freshly-prepared Highlight Dinner. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Jaipur||Jaipur Sightseeing.: Enjoy a unique excursion, as you ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort, a superb example of Rajput architecture, with its terraces and ramparts reflected in the Maota Lake below. Inside, the royal halls are decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors and glass, complemented by exquisite wall paintings. Return to Jaipur to see the famous Hawa Mahal, also known as The Palace of Winds, and visit the City Palace, now a museum housing a fabulous collection of Rajasthani and Mughal Art. A final stop is made at the famous Jantar Mantar, the observatory, constructed between 1727 and 1734 by Maharajah Jai Singh II. Venture to Baradari Restaurant at the City Palace for your Celebration Dinner, an evening to remember. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Depart Jaipur||Depart Jaipur.: Your trip draws to a close after breakfast. Transfers to Jaipur airport are available to meet your onward flight. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Smaller vehicles without 40 seats or on board washrooms may be used. On departures with fewer than 5 guests travelling, a Local Expert in each location, welcomes you and provides sightseeing experiences in lieu of a Travelling Concierge. Private transfers are used for your travels between each location/city. Visas: Visas are required for this trip. Please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Indian Festivals: 10 Nov experiences Diwali in Delhi & 2 Mar experiences Holi in Delhi. Festive Highlight Dinner: 22 Dec departure celebrates Christmas Eve in Agra.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class